Friday, January 10, 2020

To All The Men I Love



"And Papa I don't think I said I love you near enough..." - Leader of the Band

    I grew up without a father. He died when I was about  to turn four. The only vivid memory I got with him is the story that my Mama always tell me growing up, a story on what happened on the day of his interment. I want to have an electric fan inside my father's tomb as he is 'mainitin' and would get all sweaty when humid, just like me. And the lone picture that I always post, the one where Ate and I ride in his back. Growing up, I got the father figure I need from my Uncles, my father's brothers, who stood in his behalf, in his absence. This song is very special to me (and my cousins) as we dedicate this song to our fathers. It's not father's day today, but I want to say thank you to all of my father's brothers. 

L-R (Seated) Tita Zeny, Tyong Tatay (+), Tito Fred, Tito Boite, Tita Sette
(Standing) Jewel -Tyong Francing's son; Me - Biboy's daughter; Kuya Allen - Tita Fe's son; Ave - Tyong Bibe's grandson

  • Tyong Bibe (+)
  • Tyong Awe
  • Tyong Tatay (+)
  • Tyong Francing (+)
  • Tito Fred
  • Tito Boite


    Thank you for being a father to me and Ate. We will forever be grateful. I know Papa is too. 

#BiboysGirl

No comments: